Yong Special Flies
and Guide Service
by Andy Kim
Contacting Andy |
Fishing Report |
Andy's Video |
Trout Animation |
Andy's instructional video is now
available (SOLD OUT)
The San Juan River in New Mexico supports some of the finest fly fishing in the
West, with average trout size of sixteen to eighteen inches and the possibility
of catching a trout on any cast.
Andy Kim is a licensed Guide for the San Juan River at Navajo Dam in
New Mexico. He shares a wealth of his fly-fishing knowledge with his students.
Here are Andy's rules of business:
- Wade trips only (no boats).
- For the San Juan, pay by Hourly rate, Half-Day, or Full-Day.
- Three person maximum.
- Women and children are welcome.
- Use Andy's own Yong-special fly patterns. He is the only one
who ties them, and he has a limited supply.
- Andy is licensed to Guide on the San Juan River Quality water.
- Contact Andy for discounts at local hotels/lodging.
- Andy guides the San Juan year-round except during
There are several nearby attractions for family members who think fish
are slimy. Mesa Verde, Aztec Ruins, and Chaco canyon ruins are all within a reasonable drive.
Pinion Hills golf-course is a public course rated among the top ten in the US. The
Durango-Silverton Narrow Guage Railroad is a classic train adventure.
Ute Mountain Casino. Purgatory and Telluride ski areas. There are plenty of other places
as well. Check the local travel office.
- Current tax and gratuity not included with the rates shown below
- Our rates include famous original Yong's flies, weights, strike indicators, tippet materials, some photos for both half or full day
- Lunch (sandwich/beverages) will be supplied on a full day trip
- Full day trip: 8 hours of fishing plus lunch time
- Half day trip: 4 hours of fishing either morning or afternoon
- Andy does have some rental gear (waders/rods/reels) and rents for $20.00 per day per person, please check with Andy for availability
- Deposit policy: $100.00 deposit check is required per trip and there will be no refund if trip cancellation is made within 30 days from your scheduled date unless we can book the same date with other anglers
||Three People (max)
What to Bring?
If you have any questions about pricing, feel free to contact Andy.
PO BOX 6482
Navajo Dam NM 87419
Send comments about this site to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This site is best viewed in IE 5.5+.